Wednesday, April 06, 2005

For starters, Superpope

Read this.

It's just funny. I can't seem to get over my addiction to Yahoo! News. As a budding journalist I should probably try to start an addiction to a healthier news source, like, say, the Wall Street Journal. I do read The Times, New Yorker, Harper's and New York Magazine regularly, and I listen to NPR (my latest radio craze, though, is Democracy Now!) Still, Yahoo! News? I guess it's a good way to keep up to date on important events like the death of Hogzilla, the trial of Michael Jackson, and Heidi Klum's impending marriage to Seal. Or it's a waste of time, depending on how you look at it.

I received a wonderful compliment tonight from Wale, my Nigerian friend. He said if I were being married off in Kenya I might draw a dowry of one hundred cows. According to a girl who was intially told she would draw ten cows, I should be pleased with that assessment.

I think I played well last night at the Underground. I played two new songs, Ghost and Arthur. Another one started to brew in my head today as I was running. It was so nice outside, especially in Riverside Park. I had a nice long talk with Mara as we ran downtown, and stared at people as I ran uptown. I saw a homeless man with his socks full of holes, a couple sleeping head-to-head on a bench with one big hat over both their faces, readers, thinkers and kissers. I saw dogs of all shapes and sizes, and I saw a fat, neon-yellow snake wrapped around a guy's neck. I saw parents pushing kids in strollers and on swings, playing catch with them, eating ice cream and talking to other parents. I stared at the buildings on the other side of the water.

I can't believe I have to move away from this glorious place in less than two months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home