Saturday, January 15, 2005

Words

I'm getting paid to read a book: Adam Canfield of The Slash by Michael Winerip. It's my first assignment at CJR, and it's wonderful. The book's a children's book, and the book review has already been annotated for me to make my job easier. And, the font's big, which means I can read it at the gym without much trouble. (I've been using stairmasters this week as library-tables.)

On a somewhat horrifying note, I got an e-mail from Sandro, the adorable, curly-haired water. He read my anecdote about our evening together, having found my blog address on Friendster. At this point, I guess all I can do is laugh and hope that he doesn't think I'm a toadstool.

Such Great Heights by Iron & Wine and Rose Parade by Elliot Smith have been in my head all evening. I'm also really liking some of my Master's Project musicians: Be Like Water by Sarah Fimm, Words by Dan Haas and even some of the pickled political ruminations of d_Cyphernauts. I can't believe Draft One is due Tuesday, but I'm really happy with my satellite radio-emerging artists topic.

That's all for now. I'm going to bed early for the first time this century.



1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

what a fun blog! thanks for sharing.

actually...i've got one too, though i am generally sheepish and lazy about it (mandaleenyc@blogspot.com). you've inspired me to put more effort into this, though. :)

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home