Saturday, December 04, 2004

This just in

Naive me got all her stuff snatched tonight by two women, apparently, who raced out and spent $200ish on subway cards. I lost my only phone, my palm pilot, three notebooks full of notes, my subway card, three credit cards, a health insurance card (complete with my soc. sec. number) and *terrifying organ interlude* a j-school camera. I was initially upset over the camera because I took pictures this week that were better than anything I ever thought I could produce. I'm really going to miss the shots I took of the holiday market at Union Square, Stephanie the seventh grader in Red Hook, and the guy reaching into his pocket on the subway escalator. I'll save the swear words, because I'm sure the robbers will get theirs.

But apparently if I don't get that camera back I have to pay a whopping deductible. I can't afford it. And I don't see how it's fair, especially since the camera was stolen at The Heights, where I was having a mandatory (albeit fun) margarita with my master's project adviser and classmates. I guess another chick got her wallet stolen in the same hour my bag disappeared.

The bartender I spoke with got my goat. As soon as I told him my bag was missing, he told me about two women who'd been lurking around the bar earlier looking reeeally suspicious. "I would have done something," he said, "but I wasn't managaing."

?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Jenny, those horrible sketchy ladies suck big time, at least in rochester you would be able to follow the footprints in the snow.... Sorry bad joke. Hope you sorted everything out. I was just checking out your blog. I saw your friendster account and just wanted to say hello. email me sometime im in the city working at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center E68th and York Ave.

warren_fong@yahoo.com

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its kiesh. Thats so messed up. It is simply amazing how shady people in nyc can be and how not caring others can be. Maybe columbia people should stop going to this bar though.....just a thought

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(it's ash) here i've been stalking you for a while and i just read this! UGH! that's HORRIBLE! i'm so sorry that happened to you...people can be so terrible. hope that things are generally going more positively for you ...we should catch up over break! talk to you soon!

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home