Thursday, December 02, 2004

Nine. Nine!

Dan Nathan-Roberts, my friend from college with three first names, came to visit just before Thanksgiving and the pics below are some of what we took. I hadn't cracked out my Photo Microskills camera yet, so these are all zapped from his digital camera. The trip across the Brooklyn Bridge was my first, but I hope to go again soon. The views were worth a gawk.

Hopefully Dan will come back soon, so we can open up the first of a chain of high-quality peanut butter and jelly sandwich shops. (C'mon, if cereal specialty stores are opening up, why not a store that's all about the best sandwich since sliced bread? For a good story on Cereality: http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-cereal02.html)

It's such fun in New York to see freckled faces that remind me of home. Before Dan's visit, I'd done Planet Hollywood with Lisa Herzig, almost done the elusive Central Park rummage sale with Jan Wong, gotten crepes and homework with Drew Abrams, and had sandwiches and politics with Audrey Stewart. Jon Koehler was up this past weekend and I spent a lovely morning of almond-crusted french toast and real estate speculation with him and Josh. And of course, it was nice to see my mom this weekend. I love when people bring Rochester to me. (I'll be coming back to it on 12/18.)

Speaking of friends and Rochester, I'm really excited to plan the Ninth Annual Christmas Party with Adam when I get back. Dip my head in a tub of cold water --- we've been throwing holiday parties the week of Christmas for NINE YEARS. We're all aging faster than dogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home