Thursday, February 17, 2005

Songs, squash

I am now one of the zillion smart music-lovers who love Radiohead, thanks to Grant on 9 and the CD he lent me. It’s in my computer now, making me wish I had big speakers to shake this place, making me thankful I’m not still listening to Diana Krall. Although I discovered something interesting yesterday: the song A Case of You is actually Joni Mitchell’s. I’ve been listening to Mitchell lately, too, for the first time ever. I guess I’m a late bloomer to the classics.

The Underground is such a cuddly venue to play/sing. I performed there Tuesday for the first time and will probably be back there regularly. The place is at 108 and Amsterdam, and the music starts circa 10:30. I’ll be there this Tuesday, unless I’m snowed into Rochester, where I’m flying for the weekend to see Sam Haddad’s voice recital.

I accomplished what might be the most-ever consecutively lost games of squash yesterday. I didn’t want to give up and go home but I did (we would have been there all night otherwise. My arm got so weak and rubbery at several points that I couldn’t even get a serve in.) Thankfully, Tom Randall, my squash buddy, confessed that his mom used to be some sort of Badminton champion in Canada. So he’s genetically programmed to win. Unless he invented that Badminton line to cheer me up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm soooo glad you figured that out. I've loved Joni's song FOREVER and hadn't checked your journal in awhile, then I saw the dreaded song attribution to Diane Krall and I almost choked!!! Would've had to hip-check ya... Ah well...I guess you're forgiven...but ONLY if you cover the song at your next performance. I can't WAIT to hear it!

Love ya babe!

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home