Monday, October 18, 2004

Brrr...

My feet are cold, my apartment is cold, and I have no idea which weekend I'm supposed to turn the clocks back.

I get the feeling winter is about to wind its arm up and pelt us with a snowball (or two, or three, or four.) I'm not ready yet. New York City will supposedly be nicer than Rochester was, but I'd still prefer the sun.

Hearing that the Red Sox won in the 15th inning tonight gave me hope that the Democrats will pull out a come-from-behind victory over the Yankees, err, Republicans. Ben McGrath of The New Yorker put this idea into my head. See article: http://www.newyorker.com/talk/content/?040920ta_talk_mcgrath

Oddly an Atlanta Braves fan when I was young, thanks in part to the WGN station on my television and die-hard fan Lucy Dwyer down the road, I can remember a time when I hated the Yankees. I turned over a new leaf with the team after moving to their hometown. However, if the fates of Kerry and the Sox are somehow intertwined, I'm rooting for that team.

I saw 10-U yesterday as I was getting off of the elevator. He got on, holding a basket of laundry. We exchanged not phone numbers, but a smile.

1 Comments:

Blogger Timothy Green said...

Jenny OH MY GOSH! I miss you so much! Wanna hear the weirdest thing...I just got a blogspot account LAST NIGHT! There are some pretty good discussions in a poetry circle someone pointed to, and a lot of fairly famous poets have blogs here, so I wanted to be able to comment on their entries and such. What a coinkidink!

Anyway, I've been good and so so busy. Wow we haven't talked in so long it's ridiculous. I don't want to leave my phone number here, but email me your number at timgreen AT rattle.com And I'll call you! We have so much catching up and stuff. Damn. I was actually in Rochester two weeks go. Which of course isn't NEW YORK CITY. I read an entry or two back and it's so cool that you're living where you are, I'm jealous. I love it out here, but LA itself really sucks as a city.

Anyway, email me your number. I miss my Jen!

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home